Sunday, October 30, 2011

bump, set, spike

My wonderful classroom helper made this to hang
in the gym for our tournament! 

I have spent the last few weekends traveling and coaching.  I have been having a blast getting to know the sport of volleyball and our team.   We play mixed- 6. So it is a co-ed team with 3 girls and 3 boys on the floor.  I’m thankful to be coaching with someone who knows a little more than me about volleyball. The team has been working hard. We hosted the first tournament here in Scammon Bay playing Russian Mission, Mountain Village, and Hooper Bay.  The following weekend we were in St. Mary’s and this past weekend in Hooper Bay.  This coming weekend we will be traveling to Alakanuk.  Our record is 7wins-0, so we will keep pushing it hard these next few weeks till the district tournament, which will be in Marshall in 3 weeks.  GO EAGLES!

Snow is here, not TOO much, but it’s here! Flying last weekend to St. Mary’s the tundra was still its fall golden brown, this weekend mostly all white!  Snow go’s (snow mobiles) are off and running! 


Hopefully this will give you a better idea of my travels.


2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Loved it - smart thinking to post the map. I enjoyed looking at it. I'm rooting for your team!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Eagles! Thanks for showing us where you have been and where you will be going!

    ReplyDelete