Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thankful

View out my window, flying
on clear days are the best!
Nome is were the Iditarod dog sled
teams finish.  I just may have to get
back up here for this event... 

There was so much to be thankful this thanksgiving.  I’m continually amazed and humbled when I think about this last year.  I’m thankful for a God that continually provides for me, comforts me, and challenges me.   I’m so thankful for family and friends back home and the new family and friends that I have here in Scammon Bay. I’m happy for students that have taught me WAY more about teaching and myself then I could have ever imagined!  I was able to spend the holiday in Nome with a friend from college who now lives there with his sister and her beautiful family.  I was so thankful and blessed to be around people that I have known for a few years.  It was a great time of catching up, relaxing, and of course eating.  Nome is a beautiful place, as you can tell by the pictures! It is only about 160 miles north of Scammon Bay, yet there is no direct flight.  So I flew to Bethel then to Anchorage to finally get on a plane to Nome!

        
          Famous Nome reindeer that
       rides in a truck. :-)

  
My friends back yard.  Sunset over the Bering Sea.




The weekend before thanksgiving I was in the village of Marshall coaching in our districts regional tournament.  Well, we won!  First time in Scammon Bay history that the volleyball team has won districts!  I never knew how nervous a coach could get; they get a lot of butterflies! ;)   So, now we leave for the state tournament this Tuesday, which will be held in Anchorage.  This will be my first time back on the road system since leaving in August.   So I’m excited for that Starbucks latte!  The team has had such a great season, I’m excited for us to have one more trip to play some volleyball games and have a lot of fun celebrating their hard work this season.



2 comments:

  1. My gosh your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on coaching a star team! ;) Have you ever even played volleyball?! LoL I am certain there is nothing you can't do girl! Enjoy your Starbucks Latte- you probs need to have one of every flavor. They are so delicious. ;) Miss you! Can't wait to see you in Dec!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! =) Congrats, Coach!

    I can't wait until the day I meet that reindeer. I still haven't made it to Nome. Hopefully, Doug and I will make it there soon!

    ReplyDelete