Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy New Year!

I arrived back in Scammon Bay on New Years Eve to ring in the New Year Scammon Bay style.  I was able to spend 10 days back in Chicago land celebrating Christmas and visiting.  It was wonderful catching up with family and friends.  Many days were busy with back to back dates seeing loved ones, but I tried to keep it relaxed with plenty of time to eat missed foods, go for runs (OUTSIDE!), soak up some sun(which I never thought I would say about an IL winter), and chill with my family. I especially love that Brett is back at home, and I'm working on him getting up here sometime! 

My pastor during the mid-night Christmas Eve service at church pointed out the line from Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem “The hopes and fears of all our years are met in thee tonight” Over the last few weeks, this line has come more and more to mind as I have reflected on 2011 and moved on into 2012.  It’s comforting to be reminded that all that I am; every hope to every uncertainty or fear is held in Christ.  I’m just thankful for that.

UNK vs. SCM in the boys championship game! 
I came home to full swing basketball!  Our first week back we hosted a tournament with 16 teams!  Every classroom had a team to host.  I gladly took the Unalakleet ladies, which was fun to see and catch up with some bible campers.  



Leaving my home to walk to school, so
nice and close! 








I also came home to the coldest temperatures I have ever been in. I was told that one day it got down to -40 with -55 wind-chill! Last weekend our heater was not working properly so I spent the weekend at neighbors, and came back to our bathroom pipe frozen! Thankfully it has warmed up to -4! I’ll take it! Trying to get out riding on the snow-machine as much as possible, but when it is this cold it makes it hard to stay out (or go out) for long.

Wrapped up the end of the second quarter last week! Which means I made it through a half of year of teaching, whoot whoot! I’m up to 16 kiddos now, had 3 new students join us after Christmas! 

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    Congratulations on making it through a half year of teaching! =) Isn't it cool? Doug and I loved getting your Christmas card and letter in the mail. We're both very excited for you as you continue on this adventure and journey of our great God. We look forward to the day our paths cross again.

    Much Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I really like your comforting thought on the line from Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem. I enjoy your posts. Stay warm! Lance

    ReplyDelete